Memberships Fees and Categories
Group - $80 (companies, studios, schools & association who work in the field of dance)
Individual - $40 (members who make their career in a dance profession)
Affiliate - $25 (those affiliated with an existing member group of Dance Ontario - not included in listings)
Associate - $25 (those interested in dance but who do not make dance their profession - not included in listings)
Student - $10 (those under 24 years of age and are attending school full time - not included in listings)
SOCAN - $90 (added to your membership fee) license under Tariff 19 (physical exercise and dance instruction)
This covers the use of recorded music for dance and fitness classes for 1 year wherever that individual is teaching.
- Promotion of Member Performances and Events on the Web and through the Dance Ontario E-Newsletter
- Referrals through our Hot Line and website for classes, professional schools and management/production services
- Listing in Dance Directory and Directory on the Web
- Opportunities for profile features on the Web Site
- Opportunity to be commissioned for DanceWeekend
- Opportunity to be showcased as part of the Dance Ontario Dance Weekend Opportunity to be invited to partner in some of Dance Ontario Activities
- Access to Anti-Racism, Access Policy and Human Rights Policy Procedures
- Access to enhanced insurance benefits through Front Line Productions Insurance Inc.
- Access to our negotiated SOCAN licensing fee (for teachers using copyrighted music) of $90 including HST.
By becoming a member you support the multiple activities that Dance Ontario undertakes that benefit all dance practitioners throughout the province.
Dance Ontario advocates independently as well as through PASO-OPSA Coalition of Arts Service Organizations and Ontarians for the Arts (OftA).
How to Become a Member
If you complete the downloadable application - fill the application form and mail it along with membership fee cheque to:
Dance Ontario Association
The Distillery District
15 Case Goods Lane, Ste 304
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 416. 204 1083
Fax: 416. 204 1085