- Promotion of Member Performances and Events on the Web and through the Dance Ontario E-Newsletter
- Referrals through our Hot Line and website for classes, professional schools and management/production services
- Reference Library Data base access
- Access to Anti-Racism, Access Policy and Human Rights Policy Procedures
- Listing in Dance Directory and Directory on the Web
- Opportunities for profile features on the Web Site
- Access to enhanced insurance benefits through Front Line Productions Insurance Inc.
- Opportunity to be commissioned for DanceWeekend
- Opportunity to be showcased as part of the Dance Ontario Dance Weekend at the Fleck Dance Theatre
- Opportunity to be invited to partner in some of Dance Ontario Activities
- Opportunity to take advantage of our negotiated SOCAN licensing fee (for teachers using copyrighted music) of $90 including HST.
By becoming a member you support the multiple activities that Dance Ontario undertakes that benefit all dance practitioners throughout the province.
Dance Ontario advocates independently as well as through PASO-OPSA Coalition of Arts Service Organizations and Ontarians for the Arts (OftA).
How to Become a Member
If you complete the downloadable application - fill the application form and mail it along with membership fee cheque to:
Dance Ontario Association
The Distillery District
15 Case Goods Lane, Ste 304
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 416. 204 1083
Fax: 416. 204 1085
Image: Ballet Jorgen Canada by Irina Popova/Brightway Photography
Memberships Fees and Categories
Group - $75
(companies, studios, schools & association who work in the field of dance)
Individual - $35
(members who make their career in a dance profession)
Affiliate - $25
(those affiliated with an existing member group of Dance Ontario - not included in listings)
Associate - $25
(those interested in dance but who do not make dance their profession - not included in listings)
Student - $10
(those under 24 years of age and are attending school full time - not included in listings)
SOCAN - $90
(added to your membership fee). We offer an individual SOCAN license under Tariff 19 (physical exercise and dance instruction) at a negotiated rate for Dance Ontario members ($90 a year per individual).
This covers the use of recorded music for dance and fitness classes for 1 year wherever that individual is teaching.
NOTE: Currently member schools can purchase SOCAN licenses for teachers without the latter joining Dance Ontario as individual members
Image: Angela Joyce Parahumans