City Council passed its 2019 budget last evening, including a total increase to Economic Development and Culture's 2019 Operating Budget of $1.0 million, allocated as follows:
- Toronto Arts Council - $0.421 million;
- Local Arts Service Organizations - $0.112 million;
- Youth Arts Incubation Program - $0.300 million;
- Museum Maintenance Services - $0.112 million;
- Film Sector Development - $0.055 million
In addition, City Council directed the General Manager, Economic Development and Culture, to consult with the community on priorities for further investment in the arts, heritage and creative industries outside the core, and report back through the 2020 Budget Process.