ABOUT TEACHING AT PULSE:
- Offering Recreational and Competitive Classes for Students: ages 2yrs +, beginner to Advanced levels in small class sizes with individual goal setting and progression (our Rec program is very unique as we offer classes for different levels of abilities to ensure all dancers continually progress to advanced levels whether they want to be a competitive dancer or not).
- Dance Styles offered: Ballet & Pointe, Jazz, Tap, Acrobatics, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Contemporary, Stretch and Conditioning
- Weekly evening classes and/or Saturday mornings/early afternoons, with full commitment for Sept-June and for annual recital/Showcase and community events.
- Must follow and help to maintain all guidelines and health and safety policies.
- Must be able to warmly greet Parents and Dancers and maintain a positive, encouraging and nurturing learning and family environment especially for young students who are introverted and working on building self confidence.
- 3+ years of teaching experience (full dance seasons) in a well-established dance facility (you must have taught your own classes, NOT assisted).
- Must be an accredited and/or certified dance instructor (exceptions Hip Hop)
- Acrobatics Arts Certified an asset
- R.A.D. and Cecchetti Certified an asset
- First Aid/CPR Certified an asset
- Must be dependable, punctual and reliable and have strong English communication skills as well as being a team player.
- Strong dance terminology, able to implement strong dance technical foundation and progress dancers in a safe controlled environment.
- Superb class and time management for all ages 2yrs +
- Must love working with children of all ages and from all walks of life.
- Must be outgoing, easily approachable with a positive attitude, but can also control/manage/discipline a classroom and/or situation in a calm, firm yet professional and fair manner.
- Must be able to have strong, advanced and up to date choreography skills to choreography routines for our yearend recital/Showcase.
- Must have a driver’s license and is able to commute easily to our facility especially in the winter months.
- No Criminal Record.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
AVAILABILITY: Please submit the days you are available as well as your minimum and maximum working hours per day.
PAYMENT DETAILS: Please submit your hourly wage expectations to us. Your wage will be considered and determined based on your years of teaching experience from well established and dynamic dance educational facilities, as well as your teaching degrees and certifications from recognized teaching institutions.
CONTACT US: E-Mail your resume/bio, wage expectations, availability and choreography reel to: email@example.com
*Only serious applicants meeting all of our criteria and who are familiar with our location and who can easily commute to our location to apply!