Position: Acro Instructor
Type: Part Time Contractor
Start Date: September 2021
Salary: TBD based on expierence
Schedule: Wednesday evenings; Approx. 4-5 hours
We’re adding to our dynamic team of creative professionals!
The School Creative Arts is seeking an Acro instructor for our rapidly growing dance program. The ideal candidate is an energetic, passionate and professional educator who loves working with children. They should have a genuine passion for working with children ages 5 - 14 yrs. Enthusiastic and self-motivated, they should have experience teaching Acro and have completed training under a reputable Acro association. Certification is considered a strong asset.
This is a part time role. The candidate must be available one night a week from September to June and possibly Saturdays.
We invest in our team members through continued education, workshop opportunities and advancement within the company.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- 2 to 3 years of teaching experience
- Degree or Diploma in Dance or Dance Education
- Certification from a Acro Association
- Experience teaching children ages 5 to 14 years
- Uphold the continuity of the curriculum by creating fun and engaging weekly lessons plans
- Prepare and/or choreograph routines per session
- Prepare progress reports (template provided)
- Commit to seasonal instruction (Sep - June)
- Attend team meetings twice per year
- Vulnerable Sector Check (upon hiring)
- First Aid CPR-C Certification (upon hiring)
Only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.