This is a job in Canada's North, Whitehorse Yukon.
We have a part time Acro Teacher position available at the Heart starting immediately. We also have an admin/marketing position opening. So we could offer full time employment to the right employee willing to relocate to the North for a fantastic opportunity. This position could grow into a more creative dance position as our programming develops but for now - there are 3.5 hours of teaching and 36.5 hours of admin/marketing work per week. This is a great work place for young people and people want to maximize their learning, admin and marketing training available for the right person. We have a fantastic staff (mostly under 30) with a range of experiences, and most of them are working artists.
Whitehorse is an incredible mountain valley town surrounded by pristine wilderness and home to a unique community of fantastic artists. We are still at 0 cases for Covid and are operating at phase 3. Websites to Check out are www.theheartofriverdale.com, www.borealissoul.com, https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/economic-development/relocation.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Andrea Simpson-Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org, 867-335-3610 for questions.
School year (36 weeks):
- 36.5 hours outside of teaching/week @ $18-22/hr depending on experience (hours may decrease with more teaching)
- 3.5 teaching hours @ $30-35/hr depending on experience (This may increase in hours)
Summer (16 weeks):
- 40 hours/week @ $18-22/hr admin (depending on experience)
- 52 sick hours annually
- 2 weeks vacation annually
- Health Benefits (dental, physio, prescription drugs)
- Flight to Yukon to start work
Full time, permanent starting October, 2020. There is no scheduled classes over Christmas Break (Dec. 21 – Jan. 3), or from February 22-26. (start date negotiable)
- Teach Acrobatic Arts, 2 beginner classes, 1 intermediate class/week (could increase)
- Be available to occasionally sub classes across genres
Purpose and Responsibilities
Program Instructors design and oversee or conduct Camp and/or School Year Curriculum for participants in Dance
- Manage classes with the intention of skills development, challenge and fun, dealing responsibly with conflict and other behaviour issues as they arise.
- Provide feedback to participants and parents as appropriate.
- Conduct evaluations for use in improvement and reporting to funders.
- Collaborate with Youth Leaders and Assistants and participants to create performances/showings for families and the public.
- Identify supplies and materials needed for classes and collaborate with administrative staff in obtaining these.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in dance or equivalent
- Desire and ability to work with kids in developing skills and interest in arts
- Ability to manage classes of kids in one or more age ranges from pre-school to teen
- Vulnerable sector criminal records check
Admin & Marketing
This position provides “front-line” information, communication, account management, reception services as well as financial support and basic marketing services, including social media, working under the direction of Marketing and Social Media Lead and the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Experience working in an office setting providing reception, account management, administrative support, maintaining social media presence and updating website
- Experience using MS Office, Facebook Ads Manager, website development programs (like Wordpress or Weebly)
- Completed or working towards a Diploma/Degree in Business, Arts, Communications, Office Administration, Marketing or related
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support, including reception services (checking emails, voicemails and answering phone calls and ensuring the appropriate staff, students and customers receive the information).
- Develop, maintain and modify various databases. Using the software “Akada Danceworks Online” which includes daily registrations, creating and updating classes, creating summary reports. Daily check-ins with the program “Monday” to communicate with other staff and to stay updated on daily tasks, using Google Drive and Calendar.
- Maintain and update website and social media pages. Create e-newsletters and other promotional content.
Contacts & Communications
- Communications: emails, voicemail, answering phone calls
- Emails to parents, staff & students
- Checking voicemail daily and following up when necessary
- Maintaining a professional attitude on the phone and in person when interacting with customers
- Handling customer accounts and communicating with customers regarding their account when necessary
Marketing & Promotion
Work with team to:
- Maintain social media pages for the Heart
- Design ads for print
- Write press releases and arrange interviews
- Write and send weekly e-newsletters
- Design posters for upcoming events
- Update websites regularly
- Design and write programs for upcoming shows