Application Deadline: September 30th, 2020 @ 11:59PM E.S.T.
Position Start Date: Mid-October 2020
Rates: Pilates - $55-70 per 50 min class | Dance Cardio - $35-$45 per 30 min classes (a minimum of 2 classes will be recorded on filming days). Instructor rates will be determined based on experience.
Founded in 2012, Barreworks was the first Toronto studio to specialize in ballet barre-based fitness classes. Our technique was developed by a team of local dance and fitness professionals, all dedicated to the creation of a safe, effective, and fun exercise system. Barreworks is a locally owned and operated business, currently operating an online platform offering on demand and live classes.
Barreworks is seeking to expand their roster of online instructors! Selected candidates will provide safe, fun and effective online instruction to the Barreworks community. If you have a passion for health and wellness, and the drive to help others reach their goals, this is the job for you!
- Professional, energetic and motivational!
- Must be able to offer modifications in classes so that they are accessible to all levels
- Responsible & organized working manner
- Team player: must be able to take feedback and constructive criticism
- Credible Pilates certification
- Able to provide mat based classes
- Able to film at a studio within the GTA (provided by Barreworks) OR able to teach from a space remotely if not based in the GTA
- The possibility of remote filming will depend on the quality (ie. clear sound, high quality image, bright, open space etc...)
- Able to deliver 2-4x 50-minute classes a month, filming will take place over 2-4 days per month (to be discussed based on instructor and studio availability)
Dance Cardio Requirements:
- Open to a range of styles, must be able to offer an energetic and uplifting cardio dance class.
- Able to film at a studio within the GTA (provided by Barreworks)
- Able to deliver 2-4x 30 minute classes a month, filming filming will take place over 1-2 days per month (to be discussed based on instructor and studio availability)
30 Min Class breakdown:
- 5 min warm-up
20-23 mins of dancing
- Offer progressions
- You can either create dance sequences that build into a combination or move through a follow-along, continuous dance flow
- 2-5 min cool down
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A 15-20 minute video teaching an all-level sample class
- Video can be submitted via Google Drive, DropBox or WeTransfer if preferable
- Indicate what role you are applying for & why you are interested in working for Barreworks
- Confirm whether you are able to film at a studio we provide in the GTA or remotely (Pilates applicants only)
How to Apply:
Applications are due on September 30th, 2020 by 11:59PM E.S.T. Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com.
Please ensure subject heading is: Job Posting – Pilates or Dance Cardio Instructor
Barreworks is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principles of equity and diversity in employment. We enthusiastically encourage applications from individuals with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- Individuals that may experience discrimination due to ethnicity, race, culture, religion or place of origin;
- Individuals with visible and/or non-visible (physical and/or mental) disabilities;
- Individuals of marginalized sexual orientations and gender identities
We understand the intersectionality of many of these identities and are committed to equal opportunity and participation. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position.