Living Arts Centre
Ballroom/Salsa Latin Dance Instructor
Work Term: Contract, weekday evenings (July-August) and Sunday evenings (September 2019)
The Living Arts Centre is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city. Dedicated to being a place for global engagement in the arts, the centre houses a stunning landmark atrium, three presentation ready theatres, seven professional craft studios, and an attractive in-house restaurant and burgeoning catering operation. Nineteen years young, with a mission to promote Arts for Life, the centre plays host to hundreds of performing arts, educational, community, and corporate events and activities each year. The Living Arts Centre is a dynamic and accessible gathering place for creativity that welcomes more than 400,000 discerning and culturally diverse visitors annually.
The Centre is seeking a creative, dynamic, and talented individual to join the Community Courses instructor team. The ideal candidate has program development and execution experience in this area and will follow guidelines developed by the Centre to create safe, encouraging, and creative learning environments for program participants. For more information regarding our programs, please visit our website at www.livingartscentre.ca.
- Post-secondary diploma, degree or equivalent in dance; preference given to Ballroom, Salsa and Latin
- Minimum of 2 years experience teaching dance to adults in an educational or recreational setting
- Experience developing detailed, original lesson plans in dance
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated group management techniques
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
First aid training an asset
- Prepare and instruct lesson plans for Adult Community Courses in Ballroom, Salsa Latin
- Deliver lessons in a manner appropriate to the audience
- Modify skill level of all lessons based on student’s abilities
- Program set up and clean up as required
- Work with groups up to 20 participants
- Represent the Living Arts Centre with adept customer service
Work within the policies and procedures set out by the Centre
Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Record Search and Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to the Living Arts Centre.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume by Monday May 20th, 2019 to Mariel Mading, Supervisor of Community Courses and Events by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Living Arts Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, we ask you to please inform Living Arts Centre staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.