A R T of D A N C I N G
I N S T R U C T O R / C H O R E O G R A P H E R / P R O F E S S O R
Dedicated to the art of dance, accomplishment-driven with a unique blend of art, dancing, teaching skills and over 20 years of dancing experience who can work with dancers and actors of all ages and experience levels, excellent at one-on-one instruction, exceptional ability to be creative:
• Adept at organizing live performances helping to integrate costumes and props into a performance and developing routines quickly.
• Specializes in large visual arts productions and demonstrations done in public areas; Dancing projects and concerts, with huge success, in North America, Europe, North Africa and Asia.
• Extensive knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, and drama.
• Strong ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
• Attention to details, very patient and dedicated individual with strong organization skills. Able to work in a team as well as on my own.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Seasoned in planning and analysis of dance techniques, new dance waves development, personnel guidance, strategic decision making for better audience, and large-scale visual arts project management.
• Experimenting with different types of dancers, steps, dances, and placements, testing ideas informally to get feedback from dancers.
• Reading and studying story lines and musical scores to determine how to translate ideas and moods into dance movements.
• Recording dance movements and their technical aspects, using a technical understanding of the patterns and formations of choreography.
• Re-staging traditional dances and working in dance companies' repertoires, developing new interpretations.
• Advising dancers on how to stand and move properly, teaching correct dance techniques to help
• Plan dances for individual dance companies, dancers, opera, fashion shows, film, television productions, musical theater and special proceedings, and for dancers ranging from professionals to beginners.
• Choose the sound, music effects, or spoken description to accompany a dance.
• Oversee rehearsals to educate dancers in how to employ dance steps and in techniques to accomplish desired effects.
• Lead and stages dance presentations for diverse forms of entertainment.
• Record dance actions and their technical features, utilizing a technical understanding of the formations and patterns of choreography.
• Expand ideas for making dances, maintain notes and draft to record influences.
• Educate, exercise, and attend dance classes to keep high levels of technical proficiency, physical fitness, and physical ability.
• Encourage, expand, and lead people as they work, recognize the best people for the job.
• Evaluate students' dancing skills and abilities to determine where improvement or change is required and needed.
• Make developments or obtain corrective action whenever essential.
• Offer guidance and direction to subordinates and colleagues, like set performance principles and observe performance.
• Promote and build mutual respect, trust, and cooperation among them members.
• Re-stage traditional dances and effort in dance companies' repertoires, expand new interpretations.
• Increase particular goals and plans to prioritize, manage, and achieve work.
• Educate the models and provide instructions on poise, posture and movement.
• Read and learn story lines and musical scores to decide how to convert moods and ideas into dance actions.
• Make choreography for every type of dance including latino, jazz, tap, ballet, modern, classic, ballroom and ethnic.
• Make and educate original dances for musical, ballet, or revue to be performed for television, motion picture, stage, or nightclub production.
• Auditioning performers for one or more dance parts, effectively motivates teams to performance excellence.
Areas of professional experience and expertise include:
· Knowledge of multiple forms of dance
· Physical fitness and stamina
· Promotional skills and networking
· Discipline and time management
· Effective communication
· Ballroom Dances
· Modern & Contemporary
· Ethnic / Country
· Dance Theatre
E D U C A T I O N
PHD IN CHOREOGRAPHY – DANCE CHOREOGRAPHY, Kiev Institute of Culture and Arts, 2012 – 2015
• “Creativity of Choreographic Art”
MASTER OF ARTS IN CHOREOGRAPHY, Kiev Institute of Culture and Arts, 2010 - 2012
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN CHOREOGRAPHY, Kiev Institute of Culture and Arts, Graduated Cum Laude 2006 – 2010
C A R E E R H I G H L I G H T S
· Kiev-Aniko Ballet, International Art Project "Salute to Vienna", United States of America and Canada, 2008 – 2018, Performed as Choreographer and Lead Dancer.
· TV Show "Evening Quarter", Studio Kvartal-95 TV Channel 1+1, TV Show "Diesel-show" TV Channel ICTV), 2014 – 2018, Performed as Artist of Ballet.
· Ukrainian Maly (Small) Drama Theater, Kiev, 2010 – 2017, Plays: “Mother-Servant", “Zombies”, “Self-Made Fools”, "Escape from Reality", "Hundred Thousand", “Republic on Wheels”, “Quadrature of the Circle” and others. Performed as Choreographer, Actress, and Artist of Ballet.
· Freedom Event Hall Dinner Show Musical “Hotel Freedom”, 2017, Performed as Choreographer
and Artist of Ballet.
· Balldance Theatre, 2016-2017, "Five Musicals About Love" in collaboration with Kiev Symphony Orchestra "Lords of the Sound". Performed as Choreographer.
· TV Shows “X-Factor” & “So You Think You Can Dance”, TV Channel STB Kiev, 2016
· European Tour "Ukrainians in Europe", with the singer Ekaterina Buzhinskaya, 2016: Concert halls in ten European countries (Poland, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc.), performed as Head Tour Choreographer.
· Anniversary Concert of Kiev Symphony Orchestra "Lords of the Sound" with the program
"Movies Hits", 2015: performed as Choreographer, Artist of Ballet, acted as Producer.
· Dance Performance Show "Tango Lessons”, 2015: performed as Artist of Ballet, acted as
Choreograph, together with Kiev Symphony Orchestra "Lords of Sound".
· Ukrainian National Dance Championship “Christmas Star Bridges”, 2015, Jury Member.
· Concert dedicated to the Mothers’ Day, with theme "Mom, Eternal and Beloved", 2010 –
2012: performed as Artist of Ballet.
· Concert dedicated to the People's Artist of Ukraine Matvienko, 2014: performed as Artist of Ballet, instructor and choreographer together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· Cultural Festival of Contemporary Dance-Ballet, Alger, Algeria, 2013: performed as Artist of Ballet, instructor and choreographer together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· Awards ceremony of the national program "Person of the Year in Ukraine", 2012-2013, performed as Artist of Ballet, instructor and choreographer together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· Awards ceremony of Ukrainian Music Awards "Yuna", 2012: performed as Artist of Ballet.
· Creative evening dedicated to Taras Shevchenko "We are thy children, Ukraine!”, 2010 – 2011, performed as Artist of Ballet, instructor and choreographer together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· Slavic Bazaar" days of culture and art of Ukraine in Belarus, 2009: performed as Artist of Ballet, together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· Creative evening dedicated to the People's Artist of Ukraine M. Poplavskiy, 2007 – 2010: performed as Artist of Ballet, instructor and choreographer together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· Dance Theatre “The Ten Commandments of the Lord", 2011: performed as Artist of Ballet, instructor and choreographer together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· World Trade Exhibition "Expo-2010", Shanghai, China, 2010: performed as Artist of Ballet, instructor and choreographer together with Ballet Modern Choreography Company “Aniko”.
· TV Show "Dancing with the Stars". Season 1 and 2, TV Channel 1+1, 2008 – 2009: performed as Artist of Ballet.
· Participation in National and International Dance Competitions on Competitive Ballroom Dancing Sport, with multiple awards.
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E NCE
Kiev Institute of Culture and Arts, 2011 - Present, PROFESSOR - Method of Dance Execution
Modern Choreography Company “Kiev-Aniko Ballet”, International, 2008 – Present CHOREOGRAPHER / ARTIST OF BALLET
Ukrainian Maly (Small) Drama Theater, 2010 – 2017, CHOREOGRAPHER/ACTRESS
S C I E N T I F I C P A P E R S & P U B L I C A T I O N S
· “Creativity of Opera-Ballet Scene”, Kiev Institute of Culture and Arts Bulletin, Professional Edition, 2015
· “The Current State of the Art of Ballet”, Magazine of Actual Problems of History, Theory and Practice of Artistic Culture, Professional Edition, 2013
· “The Performance of Creativity in Ukrainian Ballet in 1970-1980”, Magazine of Actual Problems of History, Theory and Practice of Artistic Culture, Professional Edition, 2017
· “Dance Performance & Creativity”, Conference on development trends of choreographic disciplines in higher art educational institutions, April 2014
· “The Tradition of Classical Choreography in Ballet Theatre”, Conference on Choreographic and Theatrical Culture: Pedagogical and Artistic Dimensions, April 2013.
· “Art of Choreography”, Kiev Institute of Culture and Arts Program of academic disciplines for students, 2015.
· “The Method of Execution of Ballroom Dance”, Kiev Institute of Culture and Arts Program of academic disciplines for students, 2015.
A W A R D S , D I P L O M A S & C E R T I F I C A T I O N S
- Professional Certificate for Management in Educational Dance Activities, awarded by Ministry of Culture and Education, Kiev 2017
- 1st Place, International Ballroom Dance, Kiev 2013
- 1st Place – Category Latino, Ukrainian Dance Board 2007, Lvov
- Regional Diploma for Activity in Dance Sport, awarded by Bucovina Committee, 2005 Chernivtsi
- 1st Place – Categories: Latino, Ballroom – National Championship of Dance Sport 2005, Chernivtsi
- Regional Diploma for Activity in Ballroom Dance Sport, awarded by Bucovina Committee, 2004 Chernivtsi
- 3rd Place - Category Ballroom, National Championship Dance Sport, 2004, Chernivtsi, with International Dance Sport Federation
- 1st Place – Category Ballroom, Regional Championship of Dance Sport, 2005, Chernivtsi
- 3rd Place – Category Ballroom, International Championship of Dance Sport, 2003 Rzeszow Poland
- 1st Place – Category Latino, Ukrainian Dance Board 2003, Lvov
- 2nd Place – Category Latino, Fortuna Poprad Dance, 2001 Slovakia
D A N C E E X P E R I E N C E
* Ballroom Dances
* Modern & Contemporary
* Ethnic / Country
* Dance Theatre
L A N G U A G E S
· English – conversational
· Ukrainian – fluent
· Russian - fluent
· Romanian, French - basic
R E F E R E N C E S
· Available at request