- to develop a vibrant, diverse, inclusive and sustainable dance community reflecting all Ontarians.
To promote and support the advancement of all forms of dance in Canada, and in particular, dance in the Province of Ontario, and create a unified voice on regional and Canadian dance issues;
To serve the needs and interests of the Ontario regional dance community;
To aid in communication amongst the Ontario dance community, between it and other regional dance communities in Canada, and throughout the dance community worldwide;
To promote the development of performance facilities in Ontario;
To act as a producer of dance programs, and/or conferences, educational seminars etc
- founded in 1976 as the regional arm of Dance In Canada Association (DICA), and incorporated not-for-profit in 1985. We are a membership-based association that has developed into a dynamic cross-section of all areas of the dance sector from internationally renowned companies to local dance clubs, technicians and agents. Dance Ontario is the province's umbrella dance organization and is central to the diverse sector's communications and networking systems. We provide management training, advice and industry information and interact with the general public on a daily basis promoting members' services and events. We advocate and are an active and thriving force in the dance community with over 700 members across Ontario including professional companies, independent dancers, choreographers and teachers, over 150 schools, as well as writers, administrators, technicians and other members of Ontario's dance industry.
OUR CORE VALUES
- connectivity and communication
- support and celebration of diversity
- provision of opportunities to raise the profiles for all forms of dance and their practitioners
- Anti Racism, Access & Equity Policy and Human Rights Procedure Policy
Dance Ontario is generously funded by