Calling All Dance Community Members!
The Windsor Dance Network, with the help of Dance Ontario and in partnership with Riverfront InterArts, is inviting all dancers and groups - amateur, emerging or established - to participate and perform in Windsor’s first community dance festival ParkDances: a festival of dance. The festival will take place on the grass at Dieppe Gardens on Sunday July 29th, 2018.
We are excited and honoured to announce that we will be presenting professional artists Tentacle Tribe (Montreal) and HNM Dance Company (Windsor) with special showings of works by local dancers - Win City Roses, Xemption, and St. Thomas of Villanova High School.
ParkDances is seeking a variety of submissions from choreographers. Preference is given to Windsor and area choreographers, but we welcome submissions from across Canada. Movement and music content must be appropriate for a family audience.
To apply for any of the opportunities below, send us the following by Monday April 31st, 2018.
1) Completed ParkDances Application Form
2) Applicant biography and performance history (max 300 words).
3) Description of proposed dance piece or workshop (max 200 words).
4) Two to five high resolution photos of the work, company, choreographer and/or teacher, to be used for promotion of festival events (will only be used if selected).
5) Web link to performance or rehearsal footage for performers/
6) Send submissions to windsordancenetwork@gmail.
Dances can be approximately 2 to 8 minutes in length, in any style, and each submission may involve up to 12 dancers. Choreographers ages 14 and up are welcome to apply with dancers of all ages. Choreographers will receive a $100.00 honorarium. Performances will take place outdoors on grass.
From all submissions, 16 pieces will be chosen by a jury made up of local arts enjoyers - Ms. Cathy Harris and Ms. Jennifer Forget.