Growing Mississauga Dance Studio
Pre School & Tot Faculty
Junior/Intermediate/Senior Faculty Positions Available
Job Title: Teaching Faculty 2017-2018 Dance Season
Location: June Lawrence School of Dance Inc
Job Type: Part-Time Employee 3-6 hours per week, weekend & week night
Years of Experience: 1-3 ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical & contemporary
Position Reports to: Director
Job Description: Teaching Faculty plans, prepares and executes well structured age and skill appropriate dance class. Prepares students for examination, yearend recital and other community performances as required. They communicate information to parents and students when requested by the Director. They attend all staff meetings and school events and work well with other faculty.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Prepare well structured dance class according to age and ability.
2. Able to execute class plan in a manner that is motivating, professional and knowledgeable.
3. Able to assess students’ abilities and adjust lesson accordingly.
4. Keep accurate class notes and follow school protocol.
5. Prepare classes for yearend recital and other community performances.
6. Able to communicate with parents as request by Director
7. Maintain a clean and organized studio work area.
8. Monitor student arrival and dismissal.
9. Be supportive, inclusive and respectful of other Faculty.
10. Keep Director updated with daily activities.
1. Graduated from High School, with some post-Secondary.
2. Excellent technique and understanding of posture, placement, alignment and progressive learning.
3. Additional education in the dance field – Teaching courses, seminars, workshops.
4. Dance Masters of Canada, Canadian Dance Teachers’ Association or equivalent is a bonus.
Please send resume to: Please submit by March 31, 2017
June Lawrence, Director Interviews begin April 3, 2017
3190 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 31
Mississauga ON L5L 5S8