BADASS ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
DEADLINE DECEMBER 20TH
SHARE THE LOVE
The Toronto Dance Community Love-In is a grassroots, artist-driven collective, committed to advocacy for and providing the dance community with progressive opportunities for exceptional training, artistic development and presentation.
Our values centre on collective engagement and inclusive structures for learning, both at the organizational level, as well as within the programming we curate and promote.
This structure has allowed us to create something reflective of the needs of dance artists today, focused around building artistic capacity, supporting community, and building a culture of support and generosity.
Dedicated to the radical and rampant cultivation and future of Toronto’s badass independent dance leaders and lovers, we promote democratic pedagogy, anti-competition and wild creative abandon through our programming and our presence.
We are building a Dance House of Love.
We are looking for a badass administrator who can support the Love-In’s desire to continue to make things happen.
Part-time Administrative Manager (approx. 4-6 hrs/wk)
REPORTING TO: Lovers (artistic directors), Board of Directors
The Administrative Manager is responsible for workshop registration; artist contracting and negotiations; management of rentals for the monthly and Summer Love In programming; liaising with the Board of Directors, day to day simple bookkeeping, financial management of the organization; grant writing support; daily operations of the organization.
▪ Work alongside Artistic Directors in supporting the growth of the organization
▪ Respond to general inquiries
▪ Coordinate registration for workshops
▪ Managing rental bookings for all programming
▪ Contracts for artists and rental space
▪ Book travel and accommodation for out of town artists
▪ Negotiations and contracts with artists
▪ Negotiations and communication with other training providers and partners
▪ Manage simple accounting/ financial reports
▪ Manage monthly reports to Board of Directors
▪ Support the Board of Directors with new initiatives and services
▪ Attend bi-monthly Board and Artistic Director meetings,
▪ Volunteer Coordination
We are open to various experiences to fill this position. Share with us who are, what you are up to and how you see yourself joining the Love-In community.