Propeller Dance is an award-winning company with an energetic, creative, collaborative and positive work environment where all involved are engaged in furthering its artistically driven mission to create, perform and teach contemporary integrated dance.
As Engagement & Admin Coordinator at Propeller Dance you will be the go-to person who coordinates and organizes a variety of engagement and admin related tasks, activities, and communications on a day-to-day basis. The Coordinator works directly with the Artistic Co-Directors and General Manager in a team-based reporting structure.
In this role you will connect with many people through both the frontstage (engagement) and backstage (operations) activities which include:
- Company performances
- Recreational Dance programs
- Education and outreach events
- Fundraising campaigns
- Special projects and initiatives
- General administration and operations
Your circle of engagement will include Propeller’s:
- Artistic Co-Directors
- General Manager and Bookkeeper
- Company members
- Artistic and other collaborators
- Recreational program staff, participants, families and support workers
- Donors, volunteers and other supporters
- Service providers, suppliers and contractors
- General public
- Manage communications and engagement via email and phone
- Communicate with class participants and their families
- Attend classes at the beginning of each session to assist with registrations and payments
- Engage with a variety of people to coordinate scheduling, assigned tasks for performance and program activities, special projects and other initiatives
- Assist with fundraising campaigns
- Communicate and engage with volunteers to build and foster relationships, coordinate orientation sessions, and to distribute and collect waivers, police records checks, etc.
- Coordinate and fulfill staff team and stakeholder requests for information
- Coordinate publishing, printing and/or distribution of marketing, communications and engagement content through a variety of channels (stakeholder networks, social media, websites, media/influencer lists, libraries, community centres, database lists, etc.)
- Track and prepare statistical reports on attendance, participation, collaboration, membership and other types of engagement (e.g. social media) for Propeller performances, recreational dance program, education and outreach events, fundraising campaigns, volunteers, etc.
- Maintain daily and weekly check-ins with staff team
- Filing systems - organize and maintain Google Drive and hard-copy file systems including: performance archive, digital media library and Board and governance documents, memberships, HR, grants, funders documents, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Keep organizational calendars up-to-date
- Database and other technology - assist with development, administration, upgrades and maintenance
- Recreational classes - process registrations; create and keep class lists up-to-date; prepare and distribute class documents
- Space rentals/bookings - arrange and track contracts and agreements for classes, rehearsals, meetings and storage
- Assist with fundraising admin tasks
- Inventory - track, order, store (costumes, props, equipment, sales merch)
- Assist with Board meeting preparation
- Update Operations Manual
- Manage renewal of domain licenses, insurance, etc.
- Order office supplies and equipment
- Assist with research and planning for special projects and initiatives (e.g. facilities search for office and rehearsal/teaching space)
- Post secondary education in arts admin, not-for-profit or office administration
- Related experience in area(s) such as:
- Performing arts
- Communications and engagement
- Customer service
- Program, project and/or volunteer coordination
- Tech and social media savvy and skilled in database administration, Wordpress, Google Drive and social media applications
- Experience in, or interest and willingness to learn about, inclusive art-making and the needs of disabled performers and audience members
- Strong assets include a love of the performing arts, an appreciation of dance-theatre and bilingualism (English/French)
November 2017 to August 31, 2018 and ongoing year-to-year pending annual funding
28 hours/week, scheduled over 4-5 days/week
- This is a contract position; no benefits are provided
- The contractor is expected to provide their own laptop computer
- Other office equipment and supplies will be available as needed
- A Vulnerable Sector Police Check is required (or offence declaration if one has been submitted in the most recent two years)
Please submit a cover letter and resume in a single document, with Subject:
APPLICATION: E&A Coordinator, no later than Tuesday, October 10, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.