One of Canada’s longest standing contemporary dance companies, Kaeja d’Dance’s husband and wife duo are at the heart of the Company. Since 1991, Kaeja d’Dance has created award-winning contemporary dance performances, site-specific works, acclaimed dance films and educational outreach programs. With over 140 original works including commissions here and abroad, Karen and Allen’s signature aesthetic is known for its athletic intensity, sensual articulation and theatrical imagery.
We are looking for a team player to oversee, support and complement the company’s ongoing activities. The Administrator & Associate Producer reports to the General Manager and Co-Artistic Directors. This full-time position will provide opportunities for a talented, ambitious individual to take on a leading role in fostering the administrative development of new Company work in contemporary dance performance, education and community engagement work. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, self-directed problem solver, who exhibits exceptional good judgement and a commitment to excellent customer service. If you have a passion for arts management, developing audiences, forging connections, community engagement and contributing directly to the success of an innovative arts organization, this job is for you!
- Work closely with the organization’s leaders in the coordination and production of our award winning Porch View Dances community dance event, as well as the production of new large-scale, site-specific community dance productions around the GTA, and across the country and Kaeja community outreach and education programming
- Carry out marketing and promotional plans for shows and events. Creating show programs, flyers and other small design materials as needed
- Carry out Company archival project over the year and oversee summer student to assist
- Manage communications of the organization through social media, website and regular eNewsletters (via ConstantContact)
- Coordinate the company’s education bookings with schools, contract Express Dance instructors and handle all logistics for our education and outreach activities
- Assist the General Manager in the cultivation of partnerships with large corporations, foundations, small-to-medium sized enterprises, individual donors and other community-based organizations
- Submit and track applications for performance festivals
- First line of contact with the public (answer phone calls, emails, etc.)
- Upkeep of databases and mailing lists
- Evaluation and reporting of all activities
- General clerical duties including assisting the General Manager and Artistic Directors in administrative tasks and other activities as required
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Incredibly detail oriented. You love the details – managing event logistics, creating production timelines, maintaining schedules, tracking and documenting materials, proofreading copy, etc. Things rarely fall through the cracks under your watch
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, schedules, personalities and deadlines simultaneously
- Advanced problem solving skills. You are a resourceful and creative thinker when faced with a challenge, and you understand that every problem has a solution. You think ahead, anticipate potential problems/outcomes and plan accordingly
- Highly developed research and writing skills. You are comfortable and adept at writing everything from snappy marketing copy and press releases, to donor appreciation letters and fundraising asks
- High level of initiative. You know how to take matters into your own hands and work both independently and as a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders such as volunteers, local politicians, small business owners and community groups with a commitment to quality customer service. You feel comfortable talking to strangers and building connections for our work and the company
- Comfortable working in non-profit setting with a strong interest in the performing arts, community engagement, public space activation and city building
- Advanced computer competency in word processing, spreadsheets, data management and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Drupal CMS, Adobe Premiere and Illustrator OR a strong affinity to, and ease in, learning new programs
- Can-do attitude, positive outlook with a strong sense of responsibility for your work
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, resume and 3 references as one PDF document titled “Firstname Lastname Administrator & Associate Producer” by July 7, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will commence on or before July 17, 2017.
Kaeja d’Dance is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.